the Goulding SleepTalk Children ProcesS™
Over thirty years ago, Joane Goulding and her late husband Jim were facing very challenging behaviours from their daughter Michelle, who had been born with severe mental disabilities. Michelle's behaviours became increasingly difficult. Michelle was also diagnosed with physical problems, i.e Cerebral Palsy, Dyspraxia of the throat and brain damage. Experts in England and Australia told the Gouldings the only viable option was for them to place Michelle into an institution for life.
For the Gouldings, this simply wasn't an option they were prepared to entertain. Instead Joane worked painstakingly with Michelle, gradually creating and adapting what would become the Goulding SleepTalk™ Process. This method is a gentle way of encouraging children with positive messages that engage their subconscious minds each night, for just two minutes when they fall asleep.
The results were dramatic. Not only did Michelle's behaviours return to those of a normal, loving child, Michelle went on to live a happy adult life. Now in her 40's, she is happily married and looks after her family and home, despite having an IQ of around 45.
Since then, Joane Goulding has refined and taught the Goulding SleepTalk™ Process to thousands of parents around the globe, and has received countless testimonials of the transformational results parents and professionals have seen in their children from this process. What's more, the Goulding SleepTalk Process™ also delivers significant positive benefits to children who are not experiencing emotional or behavioural difficulties.
That's because this process gently encourages and enhances their self-esteem and emotional resilience.
- The Goulding SleepTalk™ process empowers parents to help their children to achieve self-confidence and inner strength.
- The Goulding SleepTalk™ process empowers parents to give their children positive suggestions to help with general and specific issues in their lives.
- The Goulding SleepTalk™ process is a safe, ethical and non-intrusive process suitable for any family and lasts for life.
- Children's healthcare professionals have been using The Goulding SleepTalk™ process for over 30 years.
- The Goulding SleepTalk™ process gives parents a second chance to undo the possible harms caused by unkind words they or others may have said to their children during a busy day.
- Over the years, Joane Goulding has focused on training hundreds of SleepTalk Process consultants worldwide, so that more parents can get the benefit of this method.
- Here at Mary Tonner Consulting, we believe strongly in the power of SleepTalk, and Mary Tonner, our founder and principal, is qualified in this powerful method, so that families in New Zealand and abroad can benefit from this process.
- The Goulding SleepTalk® Process is copyright Joane Goulding